Since giving birth (twice in two years), I haven’t really been one for beach holidays. Where I would once have happily lounged in a bikini or three around a pool, I now find French play areas or Norfolk sand dunes call for more covered up attire.
Bikinis are not currently on my holiday agenda and I am drawn more towards swimming costumes. Is it my age, or could they possibly be more flattering than I ever thought?
Recently I went on a trip with a group of fashion editors who all gave GREAT poolside glamour – and for whom a one-piece is a style must-do rather than a fashion crime. Apparently MUCH more chic.
It’s just a case of working out which work for you -and which can cheat your body shape.
I spotted this in H&M a couple of weeks ago and snapped it up.
The monochrome palette combined with eye-distracting angled stripes makes it very flattering. Plus the one-shoulder makes it feel a bit more modern. And at that price, well I couldn’t leave it in the shop could I?
(I just checked online and it’s not available, but it also said that when I was looking for it and I found it in store no problem.)
Here are some other MMM favourites that’ll look chic wherever you’re holidaying.
Spy it Buy it:
- Orange ‘Sorrento,’ £59, Boden (amazing colour with a tan)
- Also LOVE this by J Crew, £130
- Navy wrap effect, £88, J Crew
- Red plunge front swimsuit, £29.50, Marks & Spencer (plunge front, tummy control, great colour)
- Black Plunge X back, £35, Marks & Spencer (check out the back, sexy, non?)
- Navy and white grid print, £110, J Crew (also comes in bigger cup sizes and for longer torsos)
- Heart print, £220, Stella McCartney (expensive, but SO GORGEOUS)
- Navy twist front, £39, Monsoon (has boob support and in a really chic colour)